Fred Amata satisfied being the DGN president


Fred was proclaimed victor at the presidential race of the organization which held at Tourist Garden Hotels and Resort, Asaba, Delta State on February 26, 2016



Newly sworn-in president of the Directors Guild of Nigeria (DGN), Fred Amata, has described his triumph as ‘fulfilling a fulfillment.’

In an exclusive interview with THENETNG, Amata, still basking in the euphoria of his victory, said that he’s very fulfilled being the new president of the guild, after nursing the ambition for a long time.

‘I would say in the past couple of months that I have become president, things have changed. But there’s a dominant feeling which is challenging. It is truly challenging, it’s an everyday thing. Apart from that, it’s  fulfilling a fulfillment. As you know, for something you have pursued for so long and you finally get it. I would say it’s a fulfilling challenge,’ he said.

The regarded movie producer cum actor has challenged for the seat twice in the past before he won the current year's election that brought him into office.

When asked why he never gave up having lost the election twice before , Fred replied, ‘Well it was peculiar. The first time I contested, it was not a loss; it was not even a contest. You know the guild was younger.  It was like I was being appointed and I had to travel and last minute, they tried to call to verify if I was available, but I was not around.’

He continued, ‘Second time, that was a major challenge, a major work, a major disappointment, but at the end of the day I felt a lot of things I was talking about was still a challenge. I remember hardly did my manifesto change from the second time to this time. So the push was very strong. And I could see that there are things that could be changed that have not been changed and there was a passion driving me.’

Speaking further, he added: ‘Truly I am not a politician; I am just passionate about filmmaking. I feel that there are few things I could contribute because I think I have a selfless disposition to things, so I was thinking of the structure that I could put in place to grow the industry and the guild.’

Fred was declared winner of the keenly contested presidential election of the guild which held at Tourist Garden Hotels and Resort, Asaba, Delta State on February 26, 2016.

The prolific actor cum director polled 48 votes to beat his close rival, Lancelot Imasuen, who got 43 votes. Other contestants, Dickson Ireogbu and Kingsley Omoefe, polled 3 votes and 7 votes respectively.

No comments