Floyd Mayweather drops hint that he could come back to the ring yet unbeaten legend says only a 'nine-figure' pay-check would suffice


Floyd Mayweather has dropped the greatest insight yet that he could make a rebound to the ring, however demanded just a 'nine-figure' pay check would be sufficient to entice him into returning.



Just eight months have gone following the 39-year-old 'retired' from boxing,  out-pointing and out-classing Andre Berto, take his record to a flawless 49-0.

Mayweather, who was ringside in Washington D.C, as promoter for Badou Jack's middleweight majority draw with Lucian Bute, in the early hours of Sunday morning, told Showtime's Jim Gray he was content with retirement, but would not close the door on a return.

''Yes, I'm happy to be where I'm at,' Mayweather said.
'Everyone is asking, asking me, 'Is Floyd Mayweather coming back?' Right now, I'm happy on this side of the ropes, but I've been talking with CBS and Showtime and you just never know. But for now, I'm happy on this side.
'As of right now, you know, some crazy numbers have been thrown my way, upwards of, of course, nine figures. I'm truly blessed, way beyond belief. I don't know what we're going to do, but right now, I'm happy being on this side helping fighters.'
 A battle with unified middleweight champion Gennady Golovkin has been touted as a probability, however this was rapidly shot down the welterweight great, who insisted the gulf in weight would pose too big an issue.

'How can Floyd Mayweather fight at 160 and I could never make 154?' he said - despite the fact he has competed at the light middleweight limit on four separate occasions.

However, a bout that appeared more to the liking of the man who refers to himself with the acronym 'TBE' (the best ever) was unbeaten Danny Garcia, the current WBC welterweight holder.

'Danny Garcia, another name, undefeated prospect, undefeated champion in two different weight classes,' Mayweather said. 'Very exciting fighter. You just never know.' 

No comments